With such a large territory to cover spanning three states (North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia) we try really hard to keep our family culture alive with our out-of-market team members. Today’s spotlight features one of our incredible team members who keeps our Wilmington, NC projects running smooth and up to the high standards customers expect from Custom Home Exteriors. Let’s get to know Clint Berry…
Clint has consistently brought teamwork, work ethic and creativity to CHE. He is always optimistic and a rising star for sure. His heart and commitment are inspiring. I personally looking forward to watching his continued growth here at CHE. Clint YOU ROCK BROTHER! – Stephen Scoggins, Owner/President
He is very selfless, and willing to help anyone in need. He’s ready to answer any questions and share his wisdom and knowledge with others. He is a very patient person and very much a team player! – Chris Taylor, Field Manager
I had the privilege of working with Clint during our “Not-so-undercover Boss” initiative. Clint is always positive, encouraging, and very meticulous with his craft. These are a few of the attributes needed to be effective at his job. Great job!! – Wes Stewart, Controller
Clint is extremely detailed minded and process his driven. He works well with builders and strives for excellence on every project he touches. Clint helps to keep the Wilmington market running smoothly on a daily basis. – Jeremy Boyd, Vice President of Operations
While Clint is known inside the office for his dedication, maximum efficiency and having his “ducks all in a row” he is equally as dedicated to his family and faith in his personal life. Clint is the beaming husband of Christie and proud papa to daughters Peyton and soon-to-be-born Lillyan Grace (see pictures below).
Clint was also a good sport and played our game of “20 Questions”, let’s see what we can find out…
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Grow food without killing it.
- What traits define you? Honesty, being early not just on time, passionate about things I love, always happy and determined to do what’s right.
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received? Salvation
- What is the first concert you attended? Kenny Chesney
- What’s the one thing you couldn’t live without? My Bride
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Flex on the haters like lil Tay or whoa Vicki!
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Go to my pond and fish.
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? My Bride’s Cranberry Chicken
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Watching God restore my marriage
- What is something you learned in the last week? I learned the origin and significance of a sand and it’s relativity to Christ. If you crack open a sand dollar, there are five doves inside, representing the five angels or wise men and something else I can’t remember. – by way of my 8 yr old little girl
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Golf, fishing, hunting and in that order.
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Sure enough, all the time. It happens to many people and often times they miss the blessing that comes.
- How long have you worked for The CHE Companies? 13 months.
- What does a typical day look like for you and what projects (if any) are you currently working on? I typically map out my day to hit my communities, walk houses, schedule jobs, get crews started and answer questions while going over scopes or neighborhood ryders, taking phone calls, emails and texts from many people. Making sure to organize my tasks and stay proactive so I don’t have work pile up and overwhelm me.
- Who is another co-worker that deserves a “shout-out” and why? I’d like to shout out Chris Taylor. Many are aware he’s been my bud for a long time and it may seem bias but it isn’t. He has learned a lot in a short time and is always willing to lend a hand when needed. He’s a team player with good communication and problem solving skills. I know that any community he is in is under control and getting the attention it demands. CHE is better because we have people like Chris that treat this opportunity with respect and as a career, not a job.
- What is your favorite thing about working at The CHE Companies? God is first.
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you. Im a 5 handicap at golf.
- Where is your favorite place to be? Wherever my Bride is.
- What is your position at CHE? Field Manager
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Be able to fly.